Almost 200 posts, so that’s a lot of changes… pat yourself on the back for another great month of helping to improve our world. I apologize for some days missing a change, this is no excuse, but summer has thrown me off!
- 1st – Eco-friendly vacation
- 2nd – Safe and natural bug repellant
- 3rd – Choose matches over lighters for the BBQ
- 4th – Be grateful for freedom
- 5th – Turn computer off rather than sleep mode
- 6th – Wash dishes in bin or plug sink when handwashing
- 7th – Listen to body and eat properly (re-run)
- 8th – Keep cell phone off your body (re-run)
- 9th – Smile (re-run)
- 11th – Turn AC off
- 13th – MontereyBayAquarium.org seafood watch list
- 17th – Provide water in your backyard for the critters
- 18th – Extend the life of your disposable razor
- 19th – Attend a cultural event
- 20th – Visit a farm
- 21st – Connect with a neighbor
- 22nd – Embrace diversity
- 23rd – Use vinegar on weeds rather than commercial weed killer
- 25th – Use reclaimed water for plants and flowers
- 26th – Be a kid
- 28th – Carpool
- 29th – Be on time
My husband would be thrilled to see this one… that I am writing about the topic, and that it is my goal to actually accomplish :). Being late really does add so much unnecessary stress and risk (i.e. driving skills, need I say more?…). If you are meeting a person, it shows mutual respect for each other’s time, and in many cases, simply being early has it’s benefits such as getting the best pick, or seat, or whatever it is… not to mention, you will have beat the crowds because so many others are late!
The early bird catches the worm….
It may be easier to drive yourself to random events or locations, but if possible, hook up with a friend or family member and get some extra quality time catching up with them while saving gas.
Adults are way too serious, never hurts to revisit your younger years. Let yourself be a kid today… pick up a coloring book, splash in some water, dress up like it doesn’t matter what others will think, sing a song, dance around, run around in the grass or climb something just for the fun of it.
Imagine our world if everyone took 5 minutes a day to be a kid again.
Reclaimed water is perfect for watering your flowers. You don’t necessarily need a rain barrel, though they are great as well. We have put a pitcher/basin in our shower for all of the overflow water that you do not use cleaning your body. As well, during this humid summer time, any water collected in your dehumidifier is a great solution. My mom even puts a watering can below the air condition (on the outside part), for the dripping water and her flowers are gorgeous… love it!
Great tip I learned from my mom. Put some vinegar in a spray bottle, give your weeds a good squirt and watch them crumble. Works like a charm… and it is still kind to the environment.
There is so much richness of culture and ethnicity in our country, appreciate the fact that you have the opportunity to live among such a diverse community. Take a moment to learn about someone who is ‘different’ from yourself…. you may find you have more in common than you think.