It seems like a lot, but the actual current FDA daily recommendations are 3-5 veggies and 2-4 fruits a day. This may require some extra effort, but what a difference if we all ate this amount each day… better health = better quality of life = less costs for healthcare = hmmm???
What counts as a serving according the the FDA…
- 1 cup of raw leafy vegetables
- 1/2 cup of other vegetables cooked or raw
- 3/4 cup of vegetable juice
- 1 medium apple, banana, orange, pear
- 1/2 cup of chopped, cooked, or canned fruit
- 3/4 cup of fruit juice